The OTOA wants to acknowledge tactically minded first responders who exhibit commitment, expertise, enthusiasm, and/or valorous actions.
Any person can nominate an individual or group who qualifies for recognition under the below criteria.
An awards committee selected by the OTOA board of directors will make the final decisions regarding the awards.
OTOA Award of Excellence
This award is presented each year to the person or persons, who contributes the most to further the goals of the tactical community. A selection committee bases its decision on an evaluation of his or her performance, dedication and leadership.
The award recognizes the recipient for:
- Unselfish dedication to the enhancement of the tactical unit capabilities.
- Unstinting efforts to increase tactical officer safety through training and mutual exchange of information.
- Epitomizing the highest standards of professionalism and honor in all aspects of law enforcement.
All nominations must include the following:
- Officers Full Name.
- Department / Agency.
- SWAT Team assigned.
- Documentation of the event; Synopsis of the event in the body of an email or an atatched Word document.
- A contact person to verify the event, actions or conduct.
Email all nominations to: