The OTOA County Representative is the conduit between the agengies in the Ohio Counties and the OTOA Region Representative and the OTOA.
The following are the primary duties and responsibilities of the OTOA County Representative and shared with the OTOA Regional Representative:
1. Develop a written roster of all SWAT/SRT/Tactical/Narcotics Teams within your county. Roster to include the contact information for a primary contact to include - full name, position within the team, email and cell phone number. Obtain at least one secondary contact person and include similar information for the roster.
2. Conduct an annual review of the written roster of all SWAT/SRT/Tactical/Narcotics Teams within the county.
3. Develop a written roster of all police agencies and Sheriff's offices with the county. Roster to include full name of the agency, primary contact within the agency that handles training. If no representative is assigned to handle training, a suitable individual within the agency that is willing to distribute training info to the agency personnel.
4. Develop a roster of all correctional institutions, private companies that employ armed and unarmed security personnel and/or any other relative entities with the county that can benefit from OTOA training services.
5. A comprehensive list of US Military installations that encompass military police and non-military police units.
6. Develop a list of equipment and training needs for SWAT/SRT/Tactical/Narcotic units in the area that the OTOA can assist with or provide training for.
7. List of all public and private and LE/Mil ranges and training venues that can support various courses that the OTOA can host or provide training at listed venues.
8. All above information is then shared with Regional Reps. Both region and county reps are responsible for mutually supporting one another to further the goals and standards of the OTOA.